A celebration of art and community in downtown Grand Rapids from 4 – 8 pm.
You can find a Google map of all the events by clicking here.
MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting the 23rd Annual Juried Art Show and photography by Wayne Gudmundson in 47o North. Food and wine by the 17th Street Grill, and awards and artist talks at 6 pm.
- THE YARN GALLERY It’s Shawlapalooza time! Stop by to vote for your favorite shawl!
- STAINED GLASS WITH CLASS Showcasing glass fused art vases created by George Berkholz. 4 – 7 pm.
CENTRAL SCHOOL ARTISTS LOFT Stop by the 3rd floor of Central School to see paintings by Leah Yellowbird and a special exhibit of Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs) in art and craft featuring local artists. John Zasada will be demonstrating birch bark weaving.
- POP-UP PARK PLAZA The pop-up park on the corner of Hwy 2 and 1st Ave NW will have food by Log Home Wood Fired Pizza and The Ice Cream Truck plus a hands-on art activity directed Tom Page.
- GRAND RAPIDS AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION Welcoming watercolor painter Pat Mortenson with a display of her original creations. Also showcasing local nonprofit Grace House with a handmade quilt raising funds for their programs.
- VFW POST 1720 It’s Tiki Time! Dinner at 5pm, themed drinks, a Tiki Boutique, and live music by Sam Miltich and Friends featuring Dave Karr on saxophone from 7 – 10 pm.
- JENNY & COMPANY Featuring portrait artist Isaiah Hoppe. He enjoys capturing personalities on canvas and getting to know the likes, dislikes, and beliefs of his subjects as he paints them.
- WINGS ‘N WILLOWS ART GALLERY & CUSTOM FRAMING Karen Olson’s pottery is inspired by nature and the North woods of Minnesota. She uses leaves, birch, berries and driftwood with clay to create fresh new ideas using what nature has to offer.
- FRAME UP Featuring mood paintings by local artist Susan Clandon. Susan paints acrylic landscapes both observed and imagined of mood and feeling. With Joann Heikkila on dulcimer.
- BREWED AWAKENINGS August’s featured artist is Sandy Schildt with watercolor collage. Music by singer-songwriter John Perkins from 4 – 5:30 pm, complimentary coffee & cookies, and a dinner special until 6:30 pm.
- GRAND RAPIDS AREA LIBRARY Presenting the Mosaic Art Project Finale from 5 – 7 pm. Refreshments, silent auction, and a chance to purchase mosaic canvases to support the library.