For a map of all events and locations click here.
Special Event: Santa Lights the Lights Celebrate with Santa when he comes to town to magically light the Christmas trees at Central School at 5pm. Visit Santa and his friends then enjoy some treats. 4:30 – 6:30 pm.
1. MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting the annual Holiday Marketplace with unique, handmade gifts by over 90 local and regional artists, a trunk show with jeweler M’lou Brubaker, the annual wreath auction, food by Timberlake Lodge, and music by Holly Newton’s piano students.
2. THE YARN GALLERY The Yarn Gallery will be raffling a handmade Holiday Village with 100% of the proceeds going to the Second Harvest Food Shelf! We will also have Amanda Wirta, concert violinist for the Duluth Symphony Orchestra, providing fun and beautiful music!
3. STAINED GLASS WITH CLASS Hosting the Deer River High School 127 A Capella Choir performing festive music from 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
4. OLD CENTRAL SCHOOL Showcasing Artists in Residence Sam Camilli, Diamond Knispel, Sheena Morrision. Stop by to meet the artists, view their work, and learn about the Artist in Residence program.
5. WHISPERING WOODS GALLERY Hosting a Christmas Open House with drawings, goodies, and a chance to meet the gallery’s many artists.
6. GRAND RAPIDS AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION Stained glass artist Shelley Bouquet will be displaying her beautiful artwork. Bring your checkbook! Enjoy healthy holiday treats, hot apple cider and music.
7. VFW POST 1720 Music by Sam Miltich and Friends from 7 – 10 pm.
8. JENNY & COMPANY Welcoming Kari Hedlund of Buckhorn Breads with artisan breads and baked goods crafted with Grandma’s secrets. Samples of fraguettes, wild rice bread, and cupcakes will be available along with items for sale.
9. WINGS ‘N WILLOWS ART GALLERY & CUSTOM FRAMING Featuring the re-purposed exotic textiles of Lori Worthing. Stop in to try your hand at painting your own 2013 ornament.
10. MISSISSIPPI DIAMOND JEWELERS Connie Tuominen will be demonstrating the art of loom beading, a traditional Native American craft which she has been practicing for 15 years. Connie will also be showing her line of jewelry which includes wire wrapping, fancy jewelry, and contemporary loom beading.
11. OVER THE RIVER POP-UP SHOP Over 15 local artisans with everything from mittens to jams & jellies, soaps and furniture. Stop in to see Grand Rapids’ newest trending shop. Something new, something old, something for them and something for you!
12. FRAME UP Diane Rutherford will be showing her new batik and ice dyed infinity scarves, table runners, napkins, baby onesies, and more. Frame Up has a HUGE variety of gift items made by our local artisans! As always refreshments and friendship will be on hand.
13. ITASCA COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Welcoming “All Things Reconsidered” handcrafted, ecofriendly art by Kayla LaTarte! With dulcimer music and chocolates, of course! 4 to 7 p.m.
14. BREWED AWAKENINGS December features local author Susan Hawkinson with her new children’s book, Tina Christina Sestina: A North Woods Adventure. With music by Maggie & Kristen Anderson on cello and guitar, a dinner special until 6:30 pm, and complimentary coffee & cookies.
15. GRAND RAPIDS AREA LIBRARY Stop by the Community Room in the library from 4 – 6 pm to celebrate the end of NaNoWriMo – National Novel Writing Month – and hear how local writers responded to the challenge!
16. STUDIO NORTH Join Liz White and Lily Winter for the annual Studio North holiday party and sale. Liz will have new encaustic work as well as sharply discounted older work. Lily will showcase new jewelry including several experimental designs. 1 – 5 pm on First Friday.