Come out to downtown Grand Rapids on Friday, February 7 from 4 – 8 pm for an evening of community art events! A Google map of all the happenings is here.
1. MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting the Four McKnight Artists ceramics exhibition in the MacRostie Gallery and Gina Dabrowski’s photography in the Minnesota gallery with music by Maria Annoni from 5 – 7 pm, refreshments, and artists talks at 6pm.
2. CENTRAL SCHOOL ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE Stop by to view the art of Sam Camilli, Diamond Knispel, and Sheena Morrision and visit with about their experience as the inaugural resident artists of Central School. New artists move in February 15!
3. GRAND RAPIDS AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION Welcoming Renee Trunt who will be displaying her painted paper eggs.
4. VFW POST 1720 Live jazz with Sam Miltich and Friends featuring special guest vocalist Helen Miltich from 7 – 10 pm.
5. JENNY & COMPANY Featuring Chiqui’s Chocolates made locally in Pengilly by Catalina Berg. Sample handmade caramels, toffee, and chocolates along with a new product to be unveiled just in time for Valentine’s Day.
6. FRAME UP Hosting award winning fish decoy artist Marv Johnston. Marv is an avid darkhouse spear fisherman who makes his own decoys out of pine or spruce then paints them to look lifelike. Truly works of art! Treats will be served.
7. ITASCA COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Join Grand Rapids State Bank from 4 – 7 pm as they unveil their Centennial Exhibit at the ICHS. Stop in and see some historical photos and other treasures that date back to 1914. Music and refreshments too!
8. BREWED AWAKENINGS February’s featured artist is Jeff Poenix with photographs of lakes in the Chippewa National Forest. Music by Sam Miltich from 4 – 6 pm, a “roasted root veggie wrap” dinner special until 6:30, and complimentary coffee & cookies.