Come to downtown Grand Rapids for a free, family-friendly celebration of art and community. All events are 4 – 7 pm unless noted.
BREWED AWAKENINGS July’s featured artist is Chelsey Jo Johnson with printmaking and mixed media works. Live music by Sam Miltich from 4:30 – 6 pm, complimentary coffee and cookies, and a dinner special until 6:30.
- DRAMATIC RELAXATION MASSAGE Rachel Randle presents an original performance called ‘Mary Poppins Gives a Massage’ at 4:30, 5, and 5:30. Plus free 5 minute chair massage, a $2 raffle for a 30 minute massage session, and snacks!
- HISTORIC CENTRAL SCHOOL ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE Visit with the Artists in the Attic – Brittany Benson, Mary Corwin, David Dobbs, Chelsey Jo Johnson, and Annie Humphrey. See their latest works on display.
- YARNWORKS Celebrate the Grand Opening of Yarnworks in Room #202 with 10% off storewide, refreshments, and spinning demonstrations.
- MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting two new exhibits for July: Woven North, a regional artist showcase and mixed media works by Mollie Oblinger. Plus a Lily Winter trunk show, refreshments by First Friday sponsor Applebee’s, and artist talks at 6 pm!
- PROJECT CARE FREE CLINIC Showcasing the mixed media works of emerging artist Jessica Vanderpoel. She is excited to share her new pieces using color and unrealistic shapes to create more meaningful art. Stop in to visit with Jess and enjoy refreshments.
- VFW POST 1720 Sam Miltich and Friends present Balkan Night – a live jazz and Eastern European music extravaganza with special guests Tony Balluff and Joe and Charlie Biljan from 7 – 10 pm. Free and open to the public!
JENNY & COMPANY Join us for the local debut of Dorie and Dot, a traveling boutique featuring high quality women’s fashions. Their mission is to bring fashions to all women who enjoy unique and classic styles.
- LAKE LOVER VINTAGE Hosting Carol Bowman Photography signing her book Tucked Under, the story of a loon’s journey. Boondocks Ent. will be sampling their handcrafted flavored Cider Vinegar and an Artisan mustard.
- FRAME UP Artist Tom Page will be on hand with his handmade motorcycle gloves made out of exotic leathers such as ostrich, lizard, python and sting ray! Plus a mini summer street dance with music by Hobo Revival in front of the store.
- ITASCA COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Join ICHS for “Ghost Tours on the Mississippi” and tour of the museum and archives. By popular demand, this event is now open to the public and will take place from 8:30 – 10:30 pm. Cost is $8 members/$15 member couples/$10 public.