A fun, free, family-friendly event every month celebrating art and community in downtown Grand Rapids. Check out the Google map here to plan your route.
1. MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting two new exhibits for September: Touching Photographs by Ryan Stander and Untitled Metals by Margaret Holmes. Cupcakes by Old School Café, piano and harp music from 5 – 7 pm, and artist talks at 6 pm.
2. THE YARN GALLERY Welcoming local artist Jim Zasoski with a display of new paintings.
3. CENTRAL SCHOOL GROUNDS Join the Grand Rapids Area Library for a fun, family-friendly activity: a StoryWalk TM featuring the book “Little Blue Truck” by Alice Schertle. Follow the pages around the grounds of Central School to read the story, and share your comments on an interactive “page” when you reach the end.
4. CENTRAL SCHOOL ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE Stop by the third floor of Central School to meet the new Artists in Residence: Emily Lynch, Jan Stenson, and Sandra Thompson. Sandy will be leading a hands-on paper collaging activity.
5. GRAND RAPIDS AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION Get into the fall spirit with Oktoberfest and some polka music! Serving German snacks, and maybe even some limited-time-only Oktoberfest sausage!
6. VFW POST 1720 Live jazz with Sam Miltich and Friends from 7 – 10 pm.
7. JENNY & COMPANY Exploring the art of healthy living with Ashley Goodman. Ashley will share her knowledge of Young Living Essential Oils and passion for helping others achieve balance in their lives.
8. FRAME UP Welcoming home former Grand Rapids resident Jan Lundgren. She will join us to share her love of watercolor painting, which includes nature, landscape and a few “crazy ladies.” She will also have some painted porcelain pieces, which is where her painting began. Join us in celebrating the art of a talented woman.
9. ITASCA COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Welcoming “The Rug Shop” and Patty Heywood with her loom-made rugs ‘n stuff! Open and serving chocolate cake from 4 – 7 pm.
10. BREWED AWAKENINGS September’s featured artist is Jake Komula with “Barely Legal Art” – acrylic and spray paint. Music by singer/songwriter McKeon Roberts from 4:30 – 6 pm, a dinner special until 6:30, and complimentary coffee & cookies.
11. JUDY GARLAND CHILDREN’S MUSEUM Hosting the former Hill Annex Mine tour bus as “The Trolley Café” with a delicious selection of homemade pies beginning at 7 pm. Then enjoy a concert by vocalist Karysse Trandem from 8:30 to 10 pm. ($2 cover charge)