First Friday Art Walk in Downtown Grand Rapids takes place from 4 – 7 pm. Events are free unless noted, and all are welcome!
- BREWED AWAKENINGS September’s featured artist is Ed Zabsinski with photography. Live music by Patrick Zabinski from 4:30 – 6 pm, complimentary coffee and cookies, and a dinner special until 6:30.
HISTORIC CENTRAL SCHOOL ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE Visit with some of the Artists in the Attic –Mary Corwin, David Dobbs, and Patty Farrell.
- BEAUTY & BLISS Hosting the work of artist Janelle Robertson. Janelle is an artist that sketches and draws with music as it inspires her to draw images. As Janelle explains, “it helps my mental illness and helps me focus. I hope you like my art.”
- BENDER’S SHOES Bender’s Shoes Hosting guest artist Carol Bowman, the author of “Tucked Under”, a book which documents the journey of a loon from egg to independence. Carol will be showing her nature photography, prints, calendars and cards.
- MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting the exhibit We Are All Criminals in the MacRostie Gallery and Inside Voices in the Minnesota Gallery with artwork by men from the Minnesota Correctional Facility in St. Cloud. Music by Briand Morrison on guitar from 4 – 5:30 pm and refreshments all evening.
THE LAKE + CO SHOP Meet the Brewer is back with a free-will donation beer tasting – all proceeds go to support United Way of 1000 Lakes.
- STAINED GLASS WITH CLASS Showcasing Tracie MacDowell with Simple Things hand-stamped jewelry.
- PROJECT CARE FREE CLINIC Presenting the moving photography of Rizwaan Khan, from the Village of Charsadda, Pakistan. Laurie Turman has obtained a beautiful collection from Rizwaan, called “The People of Pakistan” and will guide you through the lens of all Khan has captured in his village. Kelly Ewens will also be showcasing her beautiful scented crafts, soaps, and oils along with her hippy tie-dye t-shirts.
VFW POST 1720 Sam Miltich and Friends present a jazz night of “guitar greats” featuring the music of Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, Lenny Breau, and more with special guest Briand Morrison 7 – 10 pm.
- JENNY & COMPANY Hosting jewelry artist Kim Young. Kim started making jewelry and collecting glass when she bought a pair of blue seaglass earrings in Puerto Rico. She also uses Lake Superior rocks, antique jewelry, vintage blue plates, vintage glass, beads and wire in her earrings, necklaces and pendants. Every piece is one of a kind.
- FRAME UP Artist Diana Lieffring will have her watercolor paintings on display. Her watercolors reflect the beauty of nature. She will also be demonstrating her special painting technique. Refreshments will be served.