Come to downtown Grand Rapids for a monthly art walk on the First Friday from 4 -7 pm. This event is family friendly and open to the public. All events are free unless noted.
- FRAME UP
Come meet Jordan Weis, a Grand Rapids photographer who takes pictures of everything and anything as Weisguy Images. In addition to his local work, Jordan enjoys taking pictures on his travels to exotic places.
- VFW POST 1720
Presenting live jazz with Sam Miltich and Friends. The featured guest is Doug Haining on winds, and he will join Sam, Matthew Miltich on bass, and Jay Epstein on drums. Open to members and the public. 7 – 10 pm.
- ITASCA VINTAGE CAR CLUB
Stop by the parking lot at the corner of Hwy 2 and 1st Ave NW (old Kremer’s lot) for a First Friday Car Show. All vintage or special interest cars welcome.
- CRAFTED BY ITASCA LIFE OPTIONS
Empowering artists of all abilities! Each piece of artwork was made by a person with a developmental or physical disability. Stop in and see their newly remodeled shop and latest creations.
- BENDER’S SHOES
Guest artist Serenity Barden is a realism oil painter who is driven to authentically capture the world around her. She has been creating realistic paintings since 2017, capturing life like landscapes, still life, and portraits.
- MACROSTIE ART CENTER
Presenting two new exhibits: a multimedia installation by Dan Anderson and sculptural paintings by Cam Zebrun. With music by Michaela Smith, food by Applebees, plus wine and other refreshments, and artist talks at 6 pm.
- OLD CENTRAL SCHOOL ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE
Visit the Artists in the Attic on the 3rd floor including Mary Myers Corwin, David Dobbs, Whitney Leming-Salisbury, Aaron Olson Reiners, and Leah Yellowbird. There is always something new to see in these artists’ studios.
- BACK TO SCHOOL ARTIST SHOWCASE
Local student artists will be displaying their art throughout the historic school!
- Jack Place (Junior) has been playing piano since 8th grade. He is completely self-taught and will be playing throughout the evening.
- Teya MacDowell (Sophomore) sketches and paints with acrylic.
- Kate Silvis (8th grade) paints with acrylic and watercolor on canvas and also likes to paint ceramics.
- Alyssa Bolen (8th grade) paints on wood, ceramics and canvas.
- Hannah Martin (Senior) will be displaying her handmade jewelry.
- BREWED AWAKENINGS
September will feature art by the youth of the Ground Floor Youth Center plus a photographic celebration of the past 55 years of WDSE WRPT serving the community through public media. Music by Ariana Aitken from 4 – 6 pm.