A celebration of art and community in downtown Grand Rapids. 4 – 8 pm. Free and open to all! A Google map is available here.
- MACROSTIE ART CENTER Printmaking and ceramics in “The Mississippi River Project”, stained glass panels by Carey Dean. Food by Toivo’s, music by Simeon Aitken from 5 – 7 pm, and artist talks at 6 pm.
BENDERS SHOES Visit with Cohasset craftsman Jim Pagel who makes beautiful handcrafted rocking chairs from walnut or cherry wood with hand fitted joints, modeled in style after the late Sam Maloof. 4 – 7 pm
- THE YARN GALLERY Anita Provinzino of Joyful Originals of Chisholm uses machine embroidery to create original art using just about any medium: clothing, fabric, paper, mylar, and even toilet paper!
- STAINED GLASS WITH CLASS Welcoming Twisted Metals with a showcase of their metal sculpture and artwork. 4 – 7 pm.
- OLD CENTRAL SCHOOL Come play dress-up the Grand Rapids Players and Grand Rapids Arts! Favorite costumes from past productions will be available to try on, and strike a pose at our selfie station.
- TRUE NORTH AVEDA SALON AND SPA Showcasing jewelry artist Claire Olson with her line of “C is for Charming” jewelry. A mix of upcycled vintage accessories! From 4 – 7 pm in Old Central School.
- LAKE LOVER VINTAGE Hosting Mike Weedman with his turned flower vases. As a special treat Mike will have his lathe with him and will be demonstrating his art! 4-7 pm
- CENTRAL SCHOOL ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE Artists in Residence include the Uncommon Loons theater group and painter Leah Yellowbird.
- POP-UP PARK PLAZA Stop the old Kremer’s parking lot for food by Log Home Wood Fired Pizza and Up North Kettle Korn and live music by Erik George on guitar.
- GRAND RAPIDS AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION Welcoming KAXE with samplings of music for this year’s Mississippi River Festival with a display of the stage backdrop painted by a local artist.
- VFW POST 1720 Live jazz music with Sam Miltich & Friends 7-10 pm.
JENNY & COMPANY Welcoming Catalina Berg with Chiqui’s Chocolates – homestyle creamy caramels, toffee, and more proudly made in Pengilly, MN.
- FRAME UP Showcasing John and Carol Risberg’s beautiful blown glass bird feeders in a rainbow of different colors! Glass garden art and fused glass earrings and pendants with music by Olivia Skaja and company.
- DRAMATIC RELAXATION MASSAGE Featuring the original skit “Frankenstein Gets a Massage” with Josh Cagle and Rachel Randle at 5, 5:30, and 6:30; 5 minute chair massages for $5; a raffle, and snacks. Located next to Brewed Awakenings above VidCom.
- BREWED AWAKENINGS June’s featured artist is Stephanie Stevens with watercolors. Music by singer-songwriter Jesse W. Johnson from 4 – 6 pm, complimentary coffee and cookies, and a dinner special until 6:30 pm.
- GRAND RAPIDS AREA LIBRARY Presenting the opening of the Mosaic Project fundraiser from 4 – 6 pm. Refreshments and a chance to meet local celebrity artist Spike Carlson.
- ITASCA COUNTY YMCA Featuring the artwork of emerging artists from the Y’s childcare program in the new Active Living Center. 10% off hot beverages at Bixby’s at the Y.