Kick off “Active Living Weekend” in Grand Rapids with the First Friday Art Walk!
1. MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting The Burning Years: an early career retrospective of artist Gendron Jensen featuring over 40 works from collections in northern MN. With food provided by Grand Organic, music by Sam Miltich and Joan Griffith from 4 -6 pm, and artist remarks at 6pm.
2. THE YARN GALLERY Featuring guest artist Dawnette Davis. Dawnette is a textile artist who specializes in silk, natural dyes, and felting.
3. STAINED GLASS WITH CLASS Welcoming vocalist Francesca Latimer for music from 5 – 7 pm.
4. WHISPERING WOODS GALLERY Celebrating Whispering Woods Gallery’s 2nd birthday with local artists, coffee, tea, and birthday cake.
5. VISIT GRAND RAPIDS Stop by for an Open House celebrating VGR’s 30th anniversary with refreshments, music by the Itasca Orchestra & Strings Program, and photography by guest artist Karen Oothoudt.
6. CHECKERED PAST Kathy Fauth, owner and Accredited Staging Professional showcases her “Artfull Gardens” featured in antique dealer-author Judy Condon’s “Through the Garden Gate” book published in March 2013. The book is for sale at Checkered Past along with garden items that can be incorporated in your gardens.
7. VFW POST 1720 Top off your First Friday Art Walk with live jazz from 7 – 10 pm brought to you by Sam Miltich and Friends from 7 – 10 pm. Special guest is jazz guitarist Joan Griffith.
8. JENNY & COMPANY June’s featured artist is Lily Winter. Lily designs and creates jewelry by up-cycling silver trays and hand-painting lightweight aluminum to make unique earrings and necklaces.
9. FRAME UP Showcasing the artwork of Grand Rapids native, 23 year old Stephanie Lee Wilcox. Stephanie is prolific in her work, spending hours on intricate detail using color and pattern as the foundation of her paintings. Please join us to watch Stephanie demonstrate her technique!
10. ITASCA COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Welcoming “Old Sew and Sew” — Twisted Sisters Craft Shop from Balsam. On display will be old and new quilts, plus lots of handmade household items!
11. BREWED AWAKENINGS June’s featured artist is photographer Danilo Bibancos. With music by acoustic singer-songwriter J.W. Lee from 4- 6 pm, a dinner special until 6:30 pm, and complimentary coffee and cookies.
Click here for a Google map of the events.