Special Event: Dedication and ribbon cutting for the new “Big Chair” on the corner of Hwy 2 and Hwy 169 at 5 pm.
1. MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting photography by Tim Lamey and installation by Kevin Giese in the MacRostie Gallery, drawings by Wynn Davis in the Minnesota Gallery, and artist talks at 6 pm. Music by harpist Marina Whight and food by North Homes Children and Family Services.
2. BENDER’S SHOE & SPORT Guest artist and Grand Rapids native Pam Hovet (Herfindahl) creates original earrings from refurbished antique jewelry and also many new gemstone beads. Art glass, pearls, turquoise, coral, and much more are accented by copper, silver or brass. 4 – 7 pm.
3. THE YARN GALLERY Hosting guest artist Janet Sonnichsen with a demonstration of the art of tatting.
4. WHISPERING WOODS GALLERY Visit with artist Anne Amato and check out new fall work by the gallery’s artists.
5. VFW POST 1720 Music by Sam Miltich and Friends with special guest vocalist Helen Miltich Kaul from 7 – 10 pm.
6. JENNY & COMPANY Talk and Taste with Eunice Naomi Wiebolt of Brainerd, MN, the author/publisher of national award-winning Cooking with Confidence. Taste a sample dessert from one of her book’s recipes, and be prepared to discuss food at its finest.
7. WINGS ‘N WILLOWS ART GALLERY & CUSTOM FRAMING Welcoming local artist Lory Worthing. Lory creates cheerful watercolor paintings depicting colorful north woods wildlife and landscapes. Stop in to watch demonstrations and try your hand at watercolor painting!
8. FRAME UP Presenting the Art of Garlic: visit with Warren Alto who grows many different varieties of garlic. Learn about the growing process and enjoy treats with, of course, garlic in them!
9. ITASCA COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Hosting musician John F. Perkins with the poetry of nature and life put to music. Photography by Lou Augusta on display. 4 – 7 pm.
10. BREWED AWAKENINGS October’s featured artist is Jeff Best with hand-carved and painted local fish. Music by Joe Holt of Acoustic Smoke from 4 – 6 pm, a dinner special until 6:30 pm, and complimentary coffee and cookies.