On Friday, May 1, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm, join us for the VIRTUAL version of our monthly celebration of art and creativity in Grand Rapids.
MacRostie Art Center, the Reif Arts Council and ICTV have brought together a collection of art and artists to connect and uplift our community through the arts during a difficult time.
The Virtual First Friday will be broadcast live on ICTV’s cable television channels 2 and 7 on Mediacom, and 32 and 37 on Paul Bunyan. You can also tune in on ICTV’s website, Facebook and YouTube pages.
May’s First Friday will include
- Centennial of Women’s Suffrage exhibit at Project Care Free Clinic
- “Bringing Into Being” pottery exhibit at MacRostie Art Center and interviews with local potters
- Performances by Christopher David Hanson and the Christopher David Hanson Band
- Piano music by Jake Place
- Reif Dance via Zoom
- Janna Salmela Photography’s tribute to 2020 graduating seniors
- “Together Apart” exhibit with nearly 70 different artists’ reflections on creating art during a pandemic
- Socially distanced music by Jim Moore and David Martin
- A virtual rehearsal with the cast of Madagascar Jr.
- A public art tour with Visit Grand Rapids
- And more local arts and culture!
In honor of jazz night at the VFW, Sam Miltich will also present a live concert of solo jazz guitar on Facebook starting at 8 pm. Tune in to Sam’s Facebook Page or find the concert posted later on YouTube.
On behalf of the Grand Rapids Arts community, stay safe, keep on creating, and support your local artists!