Come to downtown Grand Rapids from 4 – 7 pm for a fun, free, family-friendly event celebrating art and creativity. All events are free unless noted.
- STAINED GLASS WITH CLASS
Hosting John Downing who will be showing his glass mosaics.
- GIINAWIND CREATIVE SPACE
Featuring new work by Terri Laduke (White Earth Band of Ojibwe) and immersive installation “The Changing Room.”
- MACROSTIE ART CENTER
Celebrating the opening of “The Mix,” paintings and drawings by Robert Martinez. A reception with food, wine and other beverages will take place from 4 – 7pm with artist talks at 6 pm.
- OLD CENTRAL SCHOOL
- 2nd Floor Performance Space: Grand Rapids Arts presents the First Friday Concert Series featuring Emily LaPlant and Liz Ashworth of LaPlant Road will perform from 5 – 7 pm. Free!
- Deb’s Christian Crafts See Deb’s latest glass mosaics and other handmade creations on display.
- Mary Myers Corwin Pastel artist Mary Corwin hosts Donna Miller and Cathy Sayward in her studio for First Friday.
- Story Art and Museum: Celebrating National Body Language Day – come in and explore! Can you guess the story by reading the body language? Create body language using a model or dance to the music of LaPlant Road!
- Artists in the Attic: Visit the 3rd floor artists in residence: Veda Edwards, Cody Geisler, and Chelsey Jo Johnson.
- Central School Grounds: Borealis Creamery ice cream truck will be scooping homemade ice cream in a variety of flavors.
- WINGS ‘N WILLOWS ART GALLERY AND CUSTOM FRAMING
Local artist Rob Downing moves between painting the natural world and cityscapes. His most recent paintings are of the empty, dark, and rainy streets of the metro area during the Covid shutdown.
- RAPIDS BREWING
Presenting live music by Adessa and the Beat from 7 – 10 pm.
- HOTEL RAPIDS
Hailing from New Orleans, folk artist Patti Farrell brings her flair for NOLA fun to the area through her acrylic mixed media artworks. Come by the HR Yurt and experience Patti’s expressive style and playful art.