A celebration of art & community in downtown Grand Rapids. 4 – 8 pm.
Click here for a Google map!
1. MACROSTIE ART CENTER Presenting the photography of the BRIDGE project by Vance Gellert in the MacRostie Gallery and Laurie Jacobi’s original designs in wool in the Minnesota gallery with food by Pizza Works, and live music by Emily LaPlant.
2. CENTRAL SCHOOL ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE Showcasing artists Sam Camilli, Diamond Knispel, Sheena Morrision. Stop by to meet the artists, view their work, and learn about the Artist in Residence program.
3. CENTRAL SCHOOL ROOM 203 The Uncommon Loons, in association with the Grand Rapids Players, present the original one-act play “Not Playing with a Full Deck (or Something Has Gone Tarot-bly Wrong).” Show times are at 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, and 6:30 pm.
4. GRAND RAPIDS AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION Welcoming Renee Trunt who will be displaying her painted paper eggs.
5. VFW POST 1720 Live jazz with the Sam Miltich Trio from 8 – 10 pm.
6. FRAME UP Embracing winter with decorated ice lanterns by Beth Joki. Stop by to see the beautiful lighted lanterns. If you need to warm up there will be hot chocolate and music inside!
7. ITASCA COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Walk around the corner to Itasca County Historical Society and see a Railroad and Mining Historical Artist display, our now famous “Loon Pie,” and a dulcimer player providing music. 4 to 7 p.m.
8. BREWED AWAKENINGS January’s featured artist is Jackie Solem with international photos in “For the Beauty of the Earth.” Music by singer/songwriter McKeon Roberts from 4 – 6 pm, a dinner special until 6:30 pm, and complimentary cookies and coffee.
9. REIF CENTER Join Grand Rapids State Bank at 7pm as they kick-off their Centennial year by hosting a fun, unforgettable Community Variety Show. Local talent will be on display as this local bank celebrates its 100th birthday! Don’t miss it!